Thursday, October 30, 2008

Who are you, and where are the reviews?

Well here's my intro. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm in the NAVY. I enlisted in 2004 at the age of 20 and recently re-enlisted till 2011.

I started watching Anime with Robotech in the late 80's I wasn't even in grade school yet so I didn't know it was Anime. I started watching Saturday Anime on the Sci-fi channel in 1995 with exposure to Record of Lodoss War(ep. 1-3) and that's where I first heard the term "Anime".

Since then I was hooked. I was doing a lot of tape trading in the 6th and 7th grade. I was more of a supplier cause I made sure to tape every Saturday Anime and Exchange them with friends for ECW tapes. lol. Like most Anime fans at the time I struggled for more exposure to it, leading me to watch programs like Sailor Moon. However with the birth of Toonami and it's broadcast of Robotech, I was re-united with my long lost love. And with the release of Gundam Wing later I finally found my niche in Otaku culture.

I am a Real-Robot Mecha anime fan. I've watched other anime and enjoyed them including the Super-Robot shows. But nothing steals my heart the way Macross, Gundam, and other similar series do.

I want to take this moment to thank a few people that got me here. MPIII, Matt Duncil, Matt Marshall, Dan Marshall, Daniel Schmiedel, Dan Devine, and Greg Bogaki(wherever you are) Kozak, and Kaz.

OK, Next on the agenda, reviews.
As a military member I have to stand (fairly) pointless watches where my duty for 8-12 hours is to answer a phone. Tonight is one of those nights and thus plenty of time to squeeze out my first review. I have these watches about twice a month so look forward to at least a semi-weekly/bi-monthly review.

No comments: